What causes headaches?
Headaches can be triggered by allergies and can be extremly painful.Usually, over-the-counter medications don’t help with these severe headaches. An allergist can provide diagnosis and treatment for headaches triggered by allergies.
Symptoms of a Severe Headache
The following are common symptoms of a painful headache or migraine.
- headaches that occur daily or weekly
- headaches that disrupt your day to day life
- headaches with nausea and vomitting
- headaches that aren’t controlled by over-the-counter medications
Symptoms of a Sinus Headache
The following are symptoms assoicated with a sinus headache.
- facial swelling
- nasal discharge
- constant pain in cheekbones or bridge of nose
- pressure in the head
Diagnosis and Treatment
An allergist or healthcare provider can diagnose an allergy induced headache through a physical examination and with allergy skin testing. Treatment for a sinus headache or allergy induced headache depends on the type of headache and focuses on how to treat the symptoms.